Master Daesong Lim was born and raised in South Korea, where he also attended Kyunghee university.
In 2007, he immigrated to the United States to teach Taekwondo.
After spending a few years in Chicago, he moved to New Jersey.
In 2009, he became owner of a Taekwondo school, and started Master Lim's Tae Kwon Do.
He lives in Roxbury with his wife and two sons, who also practice Taekwondo.
B.A. in Taekwondo & Physical Education
Licenses and Certifications
- 7th Dan Taekwondo (Kukkiwon [World Taekwondo Headquarters], Korea Taekwondo Association)
- Taekwondo Instructor Certificate (World Taekwondo Headquarters)
- Teacher Certificate (Physical Education), Class 2 (Korean Ministry of Education)
- International Referee (World Taekwondo Federation)
- USA Taekwondo Certified Referee
- USA Taekwondo Certified Coach
- Taekwondo Referee License (Korea Taekwondo Association)
Accomplishments and Positions
- Current - Taewoo Association Demonstration Chairman
- 2009 - Instructed the runner-up America Taekwondo Union Tournament Demonstration Team
- 2005, 2006 - 1st prize winner at the Gyeonggi-do Taekwondo Contest
- 2005 - Instructed the 3rd prize winner at National Physical Training Dahn Hak Ki Gong Contest, Creation Division
- 1998 - 2007 - Operated Kyunghee University Taekwondo Institution
- 1997 - Leader of the Kyunghee Univeristy Taekwondo Demonstration Team
- 1992 -1998 - Kyunghee Univeristy Taekwondo Demonstration Team
- Numerous prizes, certificates, citations, and letters from various Taekwondo Institutions